Why Widget's Farm?
At Widget's Farm we believe in the amazing skills of companion animals, skills that have co-evolved over thousands of years of living alongside humans. But even with such a long relationship, sometimes things go a little wrong, and both you and your pet can end up wondering what the other wants.
Pets can develop problems for all sorts of reasons and it is not a reflection on you as a owner. At Widget's Farm we support owners by correctly assessing a pet's specific issues and then providing simple, but effective, treatment.
Widget's Farm is a company founded on expertise and strong client support. Anna has an MSc in Clinical Animal Behaviour and undertakes continued professional development to ensures all assessments and treatments are based on the latest scientific understanding of companion animal behaviour. Anna is a full member of the IMDT.
Anna is also a provisional member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC), which means having gained the relevant academic qualifications, Anna is gaining the practical experience necessary for full membership.
What can we help?
The list is endless but here are some typical problems:
- Showing aggression to people or other pets.
- Excessive barking at anything and everything
- Pulling on walks
- Going to the toilet in the house
- arking and destruction when left alone
- Reactive to noises
- Showing fear in certain situations
- Eating their own, or another animal's, faeces.
- Problems with car travel
- Ignoring you when you call them
- Overly quiet and not seeking interaction
- Confusion in older animals
- Repetitive behaviours such as excessive tail chasing, licking and scratching
- Toileting in the house
- Scratching furniture
- Aggression to people or other pets
- Eating things they shouldn't
- Fearful and reactive
- Unhappy if touched
- Hair loss and skin problems where medical issues have been ruled out.
So don't let a problem fester, seek professional help early and get back to enjoying all that pet ownership brings.